RACE WALL TOP RACE STORIES

Breaking News

Race War in the UK

Live streaming video by Ustream

Thursday, July 13, 2017

PHILLY NAIL SALON DISCRIMINATES AGAINST BLACK WOMAN WANTING PEDICURE FOR BEING BLACK WITH A BOOTY TOO BIG FOR THEIR SEATS!

THIS WAS RACISM AND SO CALLED "FAT SHAMING" MIXED TOGETHER.  THE GIRL SEEMS HEALTHY TO US.  THEY PRETTY MUCH JUST DIDN'T WANT BLACKS IN THAT SALON.  WE EXPLAIN IN THE VIDEO.

HERE'S THE CONVO FROM FACEBOOK:

I went into this nail salon to get my nails done. I walked in said hello wrote my name down and sat down. After about 5 minutes I got up and decided to pick out my nail color. I asked one of the nail techs was this the only color station she said yes. I stood there for about 5 minutes trying to find a color. Then one of the techs walks up to me and says, it's gonna be a hour wait because she's going on lunch. I asked her why couldn't another tech do my nails. She told me because they're all going on lunch. I asked her so you close your business down for a hour everyday so that you all can take lunch she said yes. While we where talking two women walked in. I walked to pick up my purse from the seat I was previously setting into and said to the two women who walked in there closing for a hour to take lunch. Then another tech pulled me to the side and said our chairs can only hold a certain amount of weight and she didn't want anything to happen to her chair. Very embarrassed and ashamed I waved her off and walked out. Once I got to the car I called my fiancé and vented. He calmed me down then I went back in and asked for the manager. Who just happened to be the woman who pulled me to the side and offended me. I Told her how offensive her words were and that if that was the case why didnt they say that immediately when I walked in. Not to mention there wasn't any type of notice posted anywhere to notify customers that there were limitations on there chairs. Then a plus size white woman walked past. I asked the tech if you chairs have a limit how were you able to service her. She was speechless. As I looked around I realize I was in a shop full of white women. So not only did I fell humiliated and ashamed, I was now pissed off because the issue wasn't my size. Either way I was still discriminated against and that bothered me in the worst way. I've never experienced anything like this in my life. I wanted so badly to act up in that shop but I knew the best revenge would be to spread to the word. Apart of me was embarrassed to post this but then I thought to myself, why? Right is right and wrong is wrong.

323 Comments
Comments
Faith Rogers Call (BBB)better business bureau and report the company. Let BBB know how you were treated and the name of the people who stated unjust words to you.

July 10 at 5:32pm
Manage
Jaime Pepsi-Green girl ur about to make me go nd see what the fuck is going on

July 10 at 6:18pm
Abbie Sykes That's sad to hear

July 10 at 7:09pm
Donta Whitsett LAWSUIT

July 10 at 7:11pm
Manage
Sheree Parker I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you. Thanks for sharing so that we don't support this establishment. You didn't deserve to be treated with disrespect.

July 10 at 7:46pm
Manage
Brianna Capri For starters Johnetta Hopkins your gorgeoussss! I see that your located in Upper Darby .There's a few good nail salons in our area. I'm a good 15 away from Upper Darby. So sorry that you had to go through this. I have never heard any bs like this ever. Nor have I encountered it this close. You did the right thing posting it.

July 10 at 7:53pm
Manage
Leash Christine I'm so sorry that happened to you , that's so so wrong . I think your prefect if that helps . 💕💕❤️

July 10 at 8:02pm
Manage
Nedia Justfine Smdh whatever her problem was she should have just told u upfront n let u handle it from there ...sorry u had to experience that type of behavior

July 10 at 8:09pm
Manage
Kellie Grant Try Modern Nails on Lansdowne and Baltimore like. They do a great job. Sorry about your experience.

July 10 at 8:10pm
Manage
Daneen Little They are around the corner from my house and now I won't be going in there...😡

July 10 at 8:17pm
Janice Walker Pass it on

July 10 at 8:19pm
Manage
Keisha Wood Reoccurring problem with these kind of establishments. I had one on saturday.

July 10 at 8:39pm
Manage
Erica Armstead Wow! This is awful. Sorry u had to go thru that r/s!

July 10 at 9:09pm
Manage
Rebecca Lynn I went here once and walked out.. I met the owners at Mayfair nails about 13 years ago and have followed them to each location they had.. they are permanent at Erdrick and Cottman now

July 10 at 9:25pm
Manage
Bahiyyah Wright I wish I was in the beauty business I would open up a salon on their block just because Smh so sorry you had to experience this but it was good that you did being as tho u say you never experienced anything like that. It opens your eyes to the simple truth; racism sadly still exist and this is one of the very reasons reason we need our own EVERYTHING!!! #BlackOwnedBusinessesMatter ✊🏽✊🏼✊🏾✊🏿

July 10 at 9:46pm
Manage
Irene Q Colbert I mean no harm, but u live in philly u sharing ur story is not going to stop anyone from going there cuz as u said : they only take non-black clients and u know they don't care it's least 500 other nail salons u can go to businesses have the right to r...See More

July 10 at 11:16pmEdited
Manage
Irene Q Colbert Y'all wild in!!!! Us as black people racist that a mug, but always wanna be on some Martin Luther king ish Singin negro spirituals n shit Man it's a nail salon !!!!!! It's not like her dr gave her HIV OR SOMETHING YALL CARE About THE Most insignificant Nonsense!!! Not supposed to be putting that shit on ur skin anyway smh be this fired up about y'all children/Jobs/family and YALL OWN BUSINESS SMH

July 10 at 11:22pm
Manage
Danielle Jaclyn McNally Sorry to hear you went through that kind of humiliation....you're a very beautiful woman and there is always going to be haters out there hating on something or just wanting to degrade, put down, and/or discriminate....just hold your head high, look down on them and feel bad for them because they are the ones with the real issues and it will never get them anywhere in life.... #HatersAreTheBestMotivators

July 11 at 7:40amEdited
Kitty Luvinlif Burton N u have a lawsuit

July 11 at 12:18am
Manage
Sierra Jones MA Shorty like three comments up sounds ridiculous. You put things like this in blast so the public know a what they are dealing with and can avoid drama or embarrassment like this lady felt.

July 11 at 1:15am
Manage
Kiki Ly I'm Asian and know how to do nails, and like to get pampered too. Nancy's nail on oxford circle by the Burger King. Talked about me in my own language. I waited for the male tech cuz I liked the way he did them last time. She said I waited for him cuz ...See More

July 11 at 1:52am
Jennifer Dethomas Wowwwwww.... I'm so sorry... Fuck them

July 11 at 6:03am
Manage
Lynn Green I don't go to that white trash area.

July 11 at 6:31amEdited
Manage
Lynn Green I have a girlfriend who lives in that area, she's never complained about a nail shop, however sometime ppl happen to catch a bad day with dealing with the public. I can't understand why they treated you like that, I'm sure it's not a practice of their, because I'm sure they would have been out of business. However did you type the name of the business in to see testimonies from customers on line.

July 11 at 6:30amEdited
Maria Lopez Will share with friends

July 11 at 7:10am
Manage
Lucie Billy Alcazar White women in philly?

July 11 at 7:40am
Manage
Brittany Lauriel Come see us and feel comfortable about who you are ❤️Brown Sugar Nail Spa

July 11 at 7:45am
Manage
Irene Q Colbert Throw this whole post away!

July 11 at 7:48am
Manage
Jaime Ortiz Fuck that place I'm sorry you had to go through that much love ❤️❤️❤️❤️

July 11 at 8:07amEdited
Manage
Cheri Espinal Tbh black women give all their money away to Asians and Brazilians and white people. Learn to do your own nails and start a business. Keep black money circulating in black communities

July 11 at 10:26am
Barbara Jordan-McGill THEY NEED US...WE DON'T NEED THEM!!! #BOYCOTT

July 11 at 11:27am
Abrafo Akia Find a Black owned place

July 11 at 12:20pm
Manage
Ann Cottman Report them to the Better Business Bureau Consumer Affairs and open up a case on them

July 11 at 4:47pm
Manage
Gisa G Rivera Wtf! Really!!!

July 11 at 5:22pmEdited
Manage
Jaime Lee your beautiful !!!

July 11 at 5:53pm
Rasheedah Frazier Racism still exist #sad

July 11 at 6:18pm
Manage
Bridget Trautz They have no shame in those nail salons...sorry try not to let it change the way you view the world...people are assholes...they say very very rude things to me but never turned me away I'm sorry I cant inagine how you feel

July 11 at 6:21pm
Manage
Geena Jones Wow I would have acted like Sasaha up in that joint. The racism that still exist in this world.

July 11 at 8:05pm

Yesterday at 4:03am
Manage
Margeaux Jones There's a black owned shop on Ridge ave, in east falls, called coco nails. Spend your money there.

Yesterday at 4:53am
Manage
Darlynn Lee such a sad thing too still have to hear about, they should be the ones who are ashamed!

Yesterday at 5:11am
Manage
Arlea Davis Sorry for their ignorance. I think you may need to get a lawyer.

Yesterday at 7:10am
Manage
Rochell Staton This the very reason we need to support black owned businesses put out finances back into our own communities and shut them down remember your money is your power

Yesterday at 9:39am
Retta Tracy Billa Johnson Please report them to the BBB now

Yesterday at 11:14am
Manage
Ray Radcliffe Davis You should file a Complaint with the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission 215 560 2496 It's free to file.

Yesterday at 11:35am
Manage
Sheila Bradley Sweetheart you have nothing to be ashamed of. IGNORANCE is every where8 but its ashame we have to deal with that. It has become more open since Trump got in office.
Hold your head up you are a beautiful woman, love your curves, and let no one still your joy.
Love ya

Yesterday at 12:11pm
Manage
Markesha Fuller This salon is right across the street from my house. A few years back I walked in with my son who was a baby then. I walked in and not one person acknowledged me, no hello, no how can I help you ..nothing! I got an uneasy feeling they didn't want us there so I left and never went back. Service is everything.

23 hrs

'They Made Me Feel Ugly': Preschool Teacher Claims Discrimination at Nail Salon in Viral Facebook Post

Preschool teacher Johnetta Hopkins says she was refused service at her local nail salon. (Photo: Johnetta Hopkins)

Preschool teacher Johnetta Hopkins went to a beauty parlor for a manicure, pedicure, and to get her eyebrows done. When she left, however, she had received none of the services she intended to get — and her self-esteem was destroyed.
“I went in to make myself look beautiful, but they made me feel ugly,” Hopkins tells Yahoo Beauty.
The 28-year-old was refused service by L’amour Nails in Philadelphia because, the manager told her, she would not fit in their pedicure chairs. Hopkins shared the incident in detail on her Facebook page, and the post now has more than 3,000 shares, more than 400 likes, and 313 comments.
Hopkins walked into the nail salon and waited for the welcome that never came. She then asked about the colors offered, but the nail tech said she would have to wait a long time because they were all going to lunch.
“It seemed very strange that they were closing down the shop in the middle of the day to go to lunch,” Hopkins said. “Usually staff takes turns to go eat.”

All she wanted was a manicure and a pedicure. (Photo: Getty Images)

Hopkins’s suspicion was correct. As she was leaving, two women walked in the door and received a different greeting than she did — not one employee told the women that the salon was closing for lunch.
Hopkins asked the manager what was going on, and that is when the truth came out. “She told me it was because of my size,” she says. “What was hurtful is how dismissive she was. I know I’m a big girl and I’m okay with that, but the fact that she refused to serve me is what hurt.”
Hopkins says that although she might not have fit into the chair, as the manager told her, they would have been able to perform the other services she wanted.
Hopkins says that as she was leaving the nail salon, she saw a plus-size woman in the back of the salon. It was then, she said, that she realized it had nothing to do with size but rather with the color of her skin.
“It’s 2017, and discrimination is still happening,” Hopkins says.
It seems that this is not the first time something similar happened at the same salon.
Hopkins is overwhelmed by the support she has received since her post went viral.
“I’m a teacher, and I always tell my students to stand up for what is right,” she says. “I don’t want others to even go through this heartbreaking experience. I’m glad people are listening and this can come to an end.”
Yahoo Beauty reached out to L’amour Nails but was unable to contact them for comment. Their Facebook page has been shut down since the incident. Their Yelp page has received many negative reviews based on Hopkins posts, but it also received some positive reviews.

No comments:

DISCLAIMER:

1. Race Lies Studios and its owner may not agree with all posts, videos, or articles here. However, for educational purposes we will post content we may not agree with and find offensive 80-90% of the time. RACISM AND SEXUAL DISCRIMINATION IS WRONG!
BUT IF WE'RE NOT MAKING YOU: THINK, PISSED OFF, OFFENDED, LAUGH, OR WANT CHANGE- WE'RE NOT DOING OUR JOB!

2. Race Lies Studios, nor Google Inc, are responsible for the actions taken as a result of your conclusions and feelings from any statements made by us at Race Lies Studios, or our Comment Posters. You can fight the system how you want, but it is your responsibility, not ours, to accept the consequences of the actions you take to make a stand.

And Remember, Spread the Word!

RACE LIES TV The Most Politically Incorrect Channel

Get RaceLies Posts in your Email

"ANTI-RACISM IS NOT ANTI WHITE, IT'S PRO WHITE, BECAUSE FRIENDSHIP AND GOOD WORKS IS WHAT IS GOING TO SAVE THEIR ASSES FROM TOTAL EXTINCTION. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A WHITE RACE, GET OVER IT!"

- Pastor Cinque

"Race War for me used to be about the business of societal transformations, but after what has happened in America. It's now personal. It's been personal, but now it's super personal! GUESS IT'S TIME TO STRAP MY ROCKET LAUNCHER UP!"

- Pastor Cinque

"We live in a world that is radicalizing towards severe Islamophobia, Negrophobia, and rampant Antisemitism! What's even more insane, is this kind of White Hate Talk from Conservatives is allowed, where A Racist is now someone who accuses a Conservative of Racism against Minorities.

Because I accuse Whites of Racism I'm now considered an Anti-White Racist Black Man, which obviously makes us here on Race Lies public enemy #1 of the Racists. We say good, we're doing our jobs. Thought you Racists wanted the Black Man to work?"

Bro Free

"A Racist is now someone who calls a Conservative out on their Racism."

"They talk about a Black Entitlement Mentality, but what about the White Entitlement Mentality we call White Privilege?"

"Whites walking down Main Street with an AK-47 are defenders of American values; a black man doing the same thing is Public Enemy No. 1."
Charles Gallagher, sociologist